Welcome to Kira's Blog

Welcome to My Blog

Life with young children can be challenging, but with the support and advice of friends, we can feel empowered and thankful for the blessing of being a Mom.

My musings are those of a self-proclaimed attachment-parenting Tiger mom, who juggles full-time mommying with a small (but growing!) baby-related business. I hope some of my thoughts help you
Enjoy your day, Enjoy your night, and Enjoy your kids!!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Music Therapy for Moms

A friend of mine was having a lousy day. I gave her some advice on how to get herself out of her funk. "Throw on some 80's music & dance around the house, while you clean up the mess your kids made."

Music has a funny way of changing our moods.

Many pundits recommend that when you feel you're losing patience, take a break and count to 10, before reacting. I add to that: listen to upbeat music that will put you in a better mood. Clearly, I recommend tunes with a warm-and-friendly message (e.g. "I'm Walkin' on Sunshine"), not angry music (e.g. Violent Femmes) or melancholic dirges (e.g. Mozart's Requiem).

Music Therapy for Moms 101. Keep it Allegro!

No comments:

Post a Comment